Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Open letter to Michigan fans

+23 HS
Berniebucks78's picture
October 26, 2016 at 9:34pm
133 Comments

Dear Michigan Fan,

Over the last several weeks, I have noticed an interesting change in your demeanor. Since 2001, you have been rather quiet. Don't get me wrong--you had your moments. For example, I had to hear from you about five years ago when we lost our head coach, a few scholarships, and (barely) fell to your team. However, your ranting immediately ceased when Urban Meyer purchased property in Columbus. It was as if Urban was a floodlight and you were a cockroach. Your ranting picked up a couple years ago when your school hired the booger-eating, khaki pants-wearing Savior of Michigan Football. However, Urban hushed those with rants with a 29-point beat down that Harbaugh later referred to as a "three-hour root canal."  

However, your recent rantings over this last week have been a little different. You are ranting with a glimpse of confidence in your voice. You like comparing our games against Penn State, as if the law of transitive property really works in college football. You speak of your team's October consistency (same as last year), while commenting on our inconsistencies. 

Before you go any further, let me share a couple truths with you...

First, my team losing to Penn State may be the worst thing for your team. Do you really want to play my team--an Urban Meyer led team--when we are underdogs? Ask Wisconsin, Alabama, and Oregon how that worked out. Actually, you don't even have to go that far. You do realize that your team opened as favorites in The Game last year, right? Vegas missed that one by 30+ points. 

Second, if you want to beat us in the near future, you better hope your team does it this year. Just consider this; this is the most experienced team you've had in years. My team is the youngest in all of college football with only six returning starters! Your team sent three players to the NFL last year. My team lost a few more than that. By the time the Baltimore Ravens picked your second selectee (Willie Henry), eleven Buckeyes were already drafted! Of those drafted, one Buckeye from all nine position groups was represented. We lost more players in the first four rounds of the 2016 NFL draft than your team has lost since 2009! In other words, we lost some experience and are currently in a reloading process. So, we will have some inconsistent play, some stumbles, and may even fall to your team. However, if any year is your year, it's this year. You better hope you can do it. 

With all that, I wish you and your team the best of luck... wait, no I don't! I hope Urban and an underdog and angry team beats your team by 29 points again and sends you back to your cracks and crevices. 

Sincerely,
Buckeye Fan

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 133 Comments