Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

So how does this win against Whisky compare to theirs?

-2 HS
Brutus's picture
October 16, 2016 at 12:17pm
139 Comments

I haven't seen this discussed formally anywhere but I'm sure there are at least a few like-minded obsessives who can't just enjoy a win, but have to over analyze everything.  I'm just wondering how this win and the manner in which we did it compares to TTUN's win against Whisky two weeks ago? Considering other media outlets were comparing our wins against lowly Rutgers, I think this is probably a relevant question. 

Starting with obvious, we gave up over three times as many points and yards as them.  We also scored a lot more, but I know TTUN likes to hang their hats on the three missed FGs which had they made, means we scored the same in regulation as they did.  However, I think the home field advantage for Wisconsin cannot be overstated. I always thought this would be a one score game in large part because that's an intimidating place to play, especially at night, especially with the potential for bad weather, and especially for a very young team.  Hornibrook was making just his second start against TTUN. Granted, it was only his third start against us, but he had two weeks to prepare and he didn't have to deal with a hostile crowd.  Lastly, we were two different teams in the first half and second.  Whatever adjustments we made on both sides were extremely effective. I didn't watch the TTUN-Whisky game start to finish, but that seemed like a plodding game throughout. Had we made those changes early in the game, we would never have gotten to OT. Meanwhile, If Speight doesn't throw a bomb to Darboh (or was it the other one), who knows if either team would ever have scored again.

While the transitive property in college football is about as useful as a third nipple, we can't escape it. I think comparing the two games is probably like comparing apples to tractor trucks and yet I can't help myself.  What say you? Any thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 139 Comments