Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Predictions/Analysis for the Wisconsin game

+1 HS
PoopOnMichigan13's picture
October 13, 2016 at 9:32pm
4 Comments

We got another big game coming up after having a great game against our first big time opponent in Oklahoma. Im very curious to see how our team responds on offense after struggling in the passing game last week. 

I dont imagine this game looking anything like the last time OSU faced off against Wisconsin as I dont see us stretching the field like we did with Cardale. However, I do think we have a lot of things on our side that will ultimately lead to a buckeye win.

First and foremost, our offense is one of the best in the country whether or not our passing game is clicking. However, Ive heard that JT is very focused on bouncing back from last week, and I expect good production in the passing game. On the flip side of things, Wisconsin's offense should have a lot of trouble moving the ball with any consistency against our defense. While they are one of the best third down offenses(2nd), and our defense isnt great on third downs(93rd), I still think that their offense will have trouble. Wisconsin's only hope is converting just about every third down they get, and keeping third down a manageable distance(which is tough to do against OSU's ball hawking secondary). At the end of the day, OSU's offense is far superior to Wisconsin's, and Wisconsin's offense does not matchup well with OSU's defense.

Secondly, while they have a great defense, so does OSU. If you ask me Wisconsin's only chance of winning is by keeping OSU from scoring hardly at all. I dont see their offense scoring even their season average of 26, and I dont imagine they can keep OSU under 30. OSU's offense has proven they can score against top defenses before, but Wisconsin's has not. Because of this, I think any defensive advantage Wisconsin might have is essentially thrown out the window. If Wisconsin can turn this into a low scoring game then they have a good chance to win, but that will be easier said than done.

Im predicting a 35-7 OSU win. I think JT has 250Yds passing 75yds rushing and 3 total TD's. I think our defense shuts them completely out and that they get a garbage time TD at the end of the game. What do you guys think? 

(Mod Edit: Closing Post. See Louie's link for SL's previous post on same subject. Apologies, Poop.)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 4 Comments