Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

JT's Journey: the Ups and Downs

+8 HS
SilverState's picture
October 12, 2016 at 10:57am
22 Comments

Nice story on tos about JT's winding career path. A few interesting/funny quotes...

Herman after Urban trusted him and Dilfer to accept JT's commitment without seeing him throw:

"He hadn't been working out because he had surgery," recalled Herman, now the head coach at the University of Houston, who said he talks to Barrett every week or so. "He shows up fat and out of shape and he's 6-0½, and Urban's looking at me, going, 'This is Ohio State, bro.' I remember him saying all the time, 'Tom, the quarterback in this offense at this place needs to be capable of going to New York City.'"

Uber is your friend:

Barrett came to Meyer and convinced him to have the entire team hear the seminar he attended as part of his penalty. He wanted his teammates to learn the lessons he learned. He wanted them to understand that he had learned it. And, like him, every player on the team has opened an Uber account

Continuing to make the guys around him better off the field too:

"I feel like he's been a natural leader his whole life," Elflein said. "He still leads me. I still try to learn from him every time there's a leadership moment. I'm taking notes, too. I'm listening and trying to take mental notes and trying to learn from him. He's the leader I want to be one day."

Decent read in its entirety - special player and person.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments