Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Jerry Palm: OSU #1 in CFP Projection

+7 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture
October 5, 2016 at 10:30am
79 Comments

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/projecting-the-college-football-playoff-rankings-ohio-state-would-be-no-1/

Jerry Palm thinks that if the CFP committee met and produced rankings this week, Ohio State would be #1 over Alabama.  His reason?

1. Ohio State: The Buckeyes have laid waste to their first four opponents, including a dominant performance at Oklahoma.

But what about Alabama?

2. Alabama: The difference between Alabama and Ohio State to this point is that Ole Miss put a scare into the Tide.

Rounding out the top 4 is Clemson and Louisville.  Sorry, Michigan.

I'm not sure that I completely agree with his rankings, seeing as Clemson just beat Louisville, but this is not intended to be a "when everything is said and done" end of season ranking, but rather what would occur should the season end today.  In that respect, he may be dead on as we've seen the committee not use conference championships, nor strength of schedule concerning games not yet played until the final rankings are released.  That is what allows for two from the same conference, and is how OSU jumped both Baylor and TCU in 2014.  Still questionable to leave Michigan out in favor of Louisville, but any snub to the Wolverines is something I can get behind.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 79 Comments