Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

SI Article on JT Barrett

+24 HS
Dweinz's picture
September 16, 2016 at 3:40pm
41 Comments

great article on JT by Pete Thamel found here: http://www.campusrush.com/jt-barrett-ohio-state-buckeyes-football-200573...

some of my favorite tidbits from the article:

on why he chose OSU:

"Every night before I go to bed, I think about everyone recruiting me. And I picture myself winning the national championship in their colors. And every time I went to sleep, it always came back to Ohio State."

on his first year at OSU:

Barrett recalls Meyer barely acknowledging him, and when the coach did he chided him for being overweight. "He was like, 'fat ass' and this and that," Barrett says. "And I was like, damn, cut me some slack."

Urban on JT's future:

I joke around with him—well, not really joke—but I want him to sit here some day," Meyer says. "I would love for him to be the head coach at Ohio State some day

Thamel also goes into detail about his arrest last year and how it's changed him, as well as many other things about JT. The article is pretty long, but it's enjoyable - so you should check it out.

OU might have a super-top-secret gameplan for tomorrow, but we have JT. So I think we'll be ok.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments