Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

It's Time for Oklahoma

+5 HS
Bucksknowwhatitis's picture
September 12, 2016 at 2:47am
62 Comments

Alright buckeye fans, it’s time for the most anticipated non-conference game in college football. Ohio State vs Oklahoma has been on my calendar since about 2012, why? Because I live in Oklahoma. The state of Oklahoma is home to some of the most arrogant fans I’ve ever ran across, friendly but cocky about their school. This game means so much to me I can’t begin to tell you how bad I want us to win convincingly.

So when I look at this game I have a few things I want to run by you guys. Number one, I don’t know if you guys have heard but the past two meetings between these schools the visitor has always won but the winning team had a 5th year head coach, stats are in our favor. Secondly, I hate us being the favorite. I feel like we have an attitude when we come into an away game. Meyer has yet to lose an away game in the regular season *knock on wood* I’m confident in our coaching staff’s ability to prepare and game plan for a game like this.

Lastly, my prediction goes like this. JT comes out and shows he's a true Heisman contender, he makes good reads and passes well he’s going to have to run more in this game. He is going to pick apart their defensive backs like he’s never has before, JT goes 250 passing 3TDs and 75 on the ground. Mike Weber, he has at least 130 on the ground and 2 TDs we get good running lanes thanks to JT and zone 6. Curtis is going to be the difference maker, he has to get 15-20 touches. I feel like that is the magic number for him, also 2TDs for him. Defensively, we have to play pissed off,  if we don’t get penetration in the backfield, Mayfield will pick us apart. Their run game will be there if the D-Line isn’t playing well. We sack Mayfield 3 times and force him to throw 1 INT. Final score, Ohio State 49-38 Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 62 Comments