Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Strength of Schedule

0 HS
Kpdunphy's picture
September 4, 2016 at 1:31pm
30 Comments

After week 1, the strength of our schedule just got a lot better looking. In fact, its considered a sexy looking schedule. After Sconsins 's win vs LSU, they are for sure breaking the top 25. Yes, Houston beat Oklahoma, but I dont think they drop out of the top 10. Depending on the outcome of FSU/Ole Miss, Ohio State can be either #3 or #4. Michigan moves up and Michigan State will also move up. It might be to early to jump to conclusions, but I really really liked what I saw from our Buckeyes. We are deep, we look big and we look talented. People say yea its Bowling Green but lets not forget they were MAC champions last year. These Buckeyes are going to have their hands full in what looks like to be a very tough road to the playoff. We are going to have some tough road games vs ranked teams, but pending on more upsets and the hope that these respective teams do not take another loss (most likely they will), these teams could be ranked even higher when they meet the Bucks. Lets take a look at what Ohio State's schedule in terms of ranked opponents might look like on Tuesday:

@ Top 10 Oklahoma

@ Top 20-25 Sconsin

vs Possible Top 25 Nebraska (Pending that Oregon game @Nebraska).

@Top 10 MSU

vs Top 5 Michigan.

B1GCG: Top 10 Iowa/Top 20 Wisconsin rematch. 

If it shapes out to what it looks like, we could be in for a nail biting season in front of our TVs. We are looking at a 3 top 10 teams and 3 more match-ups vs possible top 15 teams. A season where almost half of our games are vs top 25 teams. Get ready, FOOTBALL IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS!

I cant wait for the rest of the season. You guys think we run the table? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments