Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2016 Buckeye Hot Takes

+1 HS
WaveRider's picture
September 2, 2016 at 7:21pm
20 Comments

This is my first time starting a thread, so I apologize if this subject has been covered. 

What are some of your bold predictions/hot takes for this upcoming season regarding this team? I think it will be fun to look back at some of these at the end of the season. I will give you 5 hot takes.

1. Mike Weber will not live up to the hype and Curtis Samuel will be the starting RB after the Oklahoma game. Weber's size is a concern for me, and the limited amount of times I have seen him play makes me question if he can produce at the OSU standard for RBs. I hope I'm wrong.

2. Sam Hubbard is thought of as being the unquestioned best D-Lineman on the team this year. I think Jayln Holmes will emerge as the best D-Lineman on the team, and end up as a better draft prospect than Hubbard.

3. This secondary will go down as the best in Ohio State's history. The talent at CB and S is as deep as I have ever seen, and with the addition of Greg Schiano, the Buckeyes defensive backfield is set to have an extraordinary season this year.

4. Terry McLauren will emerge as a solid #2 WR behind Noah Brown and Bin Victor will be more productive than Austin Mack. I've been #TeamTerry since he dominated the opening. With his athletic ability, I think he will become one of JT's most trusted WR. Mack's hands scare me a little. I hope he can overcome the drops. Bin Victor has flashed on every highlight film OSU has released. He has a very bright future.

5. Devon Hamilton and Dremont Jones will end the season as starters. Hamilton was one of the most impressive players I remember from the spring game. It will be tough to keep him off the field.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments