Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Media Coverage on the Black Stripe Tradition

+4 HS
osu992's picture
August 31, 2016 at 10:24pm
20 Comments

I found this (fine...it was the top of my facebook feed) news article from Stack regarding Urban Meyer's black stripe tradition. 

http://www.stack.com/a/losing-your-black-stripe-inside-one-of-ohio-state...

If you're anti-hazing, like me, then you'll appreciate the organizational culture intent behind the program.

"I wanted to put them through a ritual to become a member of the team, but not allow hazing," Meyer toldThe Columbus Dispatch in 2012. "They had to earn it the right way, not through hazing and silly, dangerous stuff. They had to earn the right on the football field and by being accountable."

Stack bills itself by saying "We create content and provide tools, but we are more than a media company. We are a brand. We are an authority. We are a competitive edge. We are a movement." Quite the "About Us" section. Listing Cam Newton as a having partnered with them...not sure how much we'd say their journalist, but that's not the point. Heck, there's an unrelated Eli Apple training video at the top of the article, so I guess he's partnered-up too.

All publicity is good publicity, but good publicity is emotionally uplifting.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments