Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Advice needed - viewing Week 1 of College Football

+5 HS
avail31678's picture
August 26, 2016 at 1:07pm
81 Comments

So my daughter has a soccer tourney out of town in Indiana next weekend.  She'll have a couple games Saturday, one guaranteed game Sunday, and a possible championship game as well on Sunday.  I obviously don't have DVR in my hotel room, but will certainly DVR the Buckeye game for later at home.  But it could be dinner time on Sunday before I get to watch any football.

My questions....Games are obviously way more fun to watch when you don't know the final outcome.  Should I attempt a complete media blackout and wait until Sunday to watch the DVR'd Buckeye game (and any other big games I want)?  Obviously that's a tall task - perhaps impossible.  Do I try to watch what I can during a lunch at a local place between her games and catch the rest later at home?  (Small problem - I don't yet know the exact times of her games.)  What are the live streaming options for an iPhone, and what app would I need (e.g. NBC or Fox or ESPN or whatever)?  I'm admittedly pretty weak knowledge-wise when it comes to watching stuff via apps or internet. 

And finally, should I just make my daughter quit the team?  Last fall was pretty bad - I had to watch DVR'd games a lot of the season and I always seemed to "peak" at the scores, and so watching the games was less enjoyable for me (especially the games we struggled offensively).  The problems ultimately lies in wanting to watch the DVR'd Buckeye game later Saturday night...but that's also when some of the great matchups are that I want to watch, so I either miss those, or I have to DVR THOSE as well and watch them super late.

Help me to maximize my college football experience this coming weekend and for the whole season!  Thanks y'all.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 81 Comments