Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

95 more days

+4 HS
Buckeye-in-pitt's picture
August 22, 2016 at 6:51pm
30 Comments

First of all, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM
Now, just a preseason thought about the Game this year... I’m more scared of the Rivalry than I am of _ichigan. I’m a college student. I was born two days after The Game in 1996. Since my birth Ohio State has lost to Michigan only 5 times, and I only remember two of them.

2011: 15th birthday was the day before. We had already lost 5 games before the trip to Ann Arbor. Everything sucked eggs in 2011. I was sad before the Game started and I was sad when it ended. 
2003: Two days away from my 7th birthday. I only have a few blurry images left in my head of this game and of my dad screaming at our defense to tackle their running back. 
(My 21st is November 25th of 2017. Guess what is also on that date...)

I’ve only truly felt the pain of losing to _ichigan once and it happened to be in the losingest season in Ohio State football history when I was already in pain. 
BUT I KNOW IT HAS TO BE COMING AGAIN. It’s the most storied rivalry in college football. I’ve read too much and talked to too many old guys to think that beating _ichigan 9 times out of 10 is going to last forever. There is just like impending doom and I know one of these seasons Ohio State is going to be riding high on 10-1 and they is going to come to town, rip my heart out and feed it to their dog. 
I’m not really scared of _ichigan the football team. I think Ohio State’s talent still sits on a higher stool than theirs does and we have a better coach. Oklahoma is way more intimidating. But they are due and the Rivalry is due. Nothing lasts forever. I’m scared of time and the Rivalry.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments