Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The snowball effect that comes from 2015-16 Senior Class and Early Entrants

+5 HS
kgratz's picture
June 17, 2016 at 10:55am
29 Comments

I know this has been talked about before about how great this class was, 50-4, NC, 4 division titles, 5 1st round, etc. etc. 

We have already seen the recruiting dividends that have come from this class. 2017 and 2018 classes are gearing up for recruiting national championships (in February not August @ttun), 2015 and 2016 classes look poised to contribute in huge ways this fall. I want to go even more down the rabbit hole and explain why I think we are truly in the golden age of Ohio state football. I never saw woody coach so sorry if that offends you. 

Where I think these 12 guys that were just drafted are gonna make the biggest impact for OSU is now in the NFL in the next 3 years. 

Bosa, Zeke, Lee, Decker, Apple, and  Thomas all have been taking first team reps with their respective teams thus far. Braxton, Bell, Washington, and Perry are all expected to contribute. Jalin and Cardale are more projects but potential has always been there. 

10 Rookie Buckeyes expected to play.  2 legit contenders for Rookie DPOY (Boss, Lee). 2 legit contenders for Rookie OPOY (Zeke, Thomas). Huge impacts all around in every position from guys that just played at Ohio State....

This is where it gets fun to look at... These NFL guys are all having success, NFL scouts guys see the success Meyer-Buckeyes have had. example, Chris Worley is probably a second-third round talent, first round because of how comparable he is to darron lee. looking at last years depth chart look at how easily comparable these are.... Sam Hubbard sitting behind bosa, Conley behind apple, jamarco behind decker, brown behind thomas, Samuel behind Braxton, hooker behind bell, sprinkle behind Washington etc. 

In closing, thanks for sticking with me, im excited for this young Ohio state and watching them grow up, but the future is damn bright in Columbus and in the NFL for former current and future Buckeyes 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments