Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Austin Mack Already Making An Impression

+1 HS
Defiance's picture
March 17, 2016 at 4:48pm
42 Comments

With Spring practice in full swing, the off season seems a little easier to bear. Couple that with the fact that we are less than a month away from the Spring Game on April 16th and it makes me downright giddy!

Ohio State's 2016 recruiting class was full of players who have the potential to make an immediate impact and with seven early enrollees, the chance for an immediate impact only gains momentum.

One of those early enrollees was WR Austin Mack. A four-star rated prospect out of Bishop Luers in Fort Wayne, Mack checked in as the #10 WR in the class and did nothing but impress the coaching staff every time he hit the field.  Whether it was at the US Army All-American game or any number of the camps he participated in, he seemed to bring his A game every single time he laced up the cleats.

Now that Mack is on campus and working out with the team at Spring practice, it sounds like he's picking up right where he left off before enrolling.

The player who is already impressing the coaching staff is wide receiver Austin Mack. Mack is 6’2” 210 pounds and appears to have the strength and skill set to make an impact in his freshman season.

In fact, coach Meyer has said as much. Urban expects Mack to contribute in 2016, probably at the X position where Michael Thomas performed so well.

If Austin Mack continues to have a good spring there will be no doubt about whether he will play as a true freshman. The question may be, will he be a game 1 starter for Ohio State.

Couple this with the fact that he's reported to be donning the #11 at tOSU, and I'd say we have reason to be excited at what Mack might bring to Columbus.

I've heard it said before but it bears repeating, ain't it a great time to be a Buckeye?! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments