Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

How many Buckeye early NFL draft entrants actually make the team this season?

0 HS
FormerBuck's picture
February 24, 2016 at 11:49pm
49 Comments

Now that the combine is here, I thought it would be a good time to ask this question.  Before I give my thoughts, let me start by saying I think all 9 players made the right decision in deciding to turn pro. I don't think any of them could have drastically improved their stock by coming back. And in a sport like football, the sooner you can start getting paid the better.

In a typical year, between 75-80% of draft picks make the 53 man NFL roster in their first year. Odds are, not all of the Buckeye underclassmen will make the team in August. I think all 9 guys get drafted, but only 6 of the 9 start their pro careers as an NFL player.  I see Bosa, Elliot, Apple, Lee, Bell, and Thomas being those 6. I see the other 3 eventually making an NFL roster, just not right away.

If you wanna take it a step further, I see Washington, Miller, Decker, Perry, and Vannett all making rosters giving the Buckeyes a total of 11 NFL rookies in Week 1 of the 2016 season.  What are your thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments