College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Why are Alabama fans generally idiots?

0 HS
Eph97's picture
February 13, 2016 at 3:00am
101 Comments

I'm guessing being products of a lousy educational system usually ranked 49. They have to be the most idiotic insecure fans out there. For a team that just won the national title they have a lot of fans trolling OSU boards, not here obviously because they would have a short life here. On another board there is a thread extolling all that OSU has accomplished in the post 2000 era (2 national championships, BCS bowls, NFL draft picks, etc.), of course some idiot from Alabama had to come in and try to derail it with blather of none of that is all that impressive and the B1G is a horrible conference so no big deal. From there it went into a pissing match comparing OSU vs. Alabama. All their bogus national championships before the playoff era are meaningless (OSU's too if you want to be honest). Football was just a regional contest where #1 did not even play #2 at the end of most years. Are you going to tell me with a straight face that OSU was not the best team in 1998? Or in 1996 tough luck for OSU but Florida deserves a rematch? At least the 4 team playoffs is a start in determining a true national champion. Also, OSU integrated well ahead of Alabama. If OSU would have played Alabama every year from the 1940's to the 1960's OSU would have whooped that arse.

As it is, these hicks time is coming. Saban is on the wrong side of 65 this year and not going to be able to keep it up much longer before he goes full Paterno. Meyer is 13 years younger and just getting started. Alabama will go back to mediocrity like it has been for the majority of the time since Bear Bryant retired save for a year or two under Stallings, and I will greatly enjoy it.

Mod Edit - Moved to College Sports forum.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 101 Comments