Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

11W has made me a snob

0 HS
DonJuan's picture
February 1, 2016 at 3:14pm
143 Comments

I joined 11W in 2014 and I started following football recruiting very closely and I try to stay in tune with everything that is going on with the team. I believe that it creates a better story and it makes you feel a little more connected. When you see a player score a touchdown or make a big play, you remember the day he committed to Ohio State or maybe it was a last minute flip on National signing day and he almost went to Alabama. It also makes it fun during blowouts when the 2nd and 3rd string comes in and you get to see a highly touted recruit showcase his skills for the first time.

That being said, I find myself not enjoying talking about Ohio State with friends, co-workers, etc. that are casual fans. They say things like "I watched the game, but I fell asleep in the 2nd half" or "I was at the movies, so I didn't really get to catch the whole game". They know of the star players names and they know of the drama headlines like JT's arrest, but that is about it. I never want to sound like a no-it-all or make it seem like I am a better fan just because I know our 4th string freshman linebacker's name, so I just shake my head and change the subject. I have a few close friends that I save my football discussions with, but does anybody else find this happening to them?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 143 Comments