Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Buckeye HOD - 1/30/16

0 HS
Earthoid.'s picture
January 30, 2016 at 1:39pm
23 Comments

I've been thinking of a way to contribute to 11W, a site which I love so dearly.  I'm not much of a writer, so I thought it'd be cool to contribute a little bit of Buckeye goodness every day.  So here's the inaugural Buckeye Highlight of the Day.  With each I'll provide a little context about the players involved in making these awesome memories possible.

Today's HOD is brought to you courtesy of OSU great, Chris Gamble, at the expense of those sorry bastards, penn state...

With Ohio State trailing early in the third quarter - 7-3, the Bucks needed a spark in the way of a big play and Buckeye legend Chris Gamble delivers, picking the ball off at the 39 yard line and housing it for six.

Going into the game, Gamble was the first player in 39 years to start on both sides of the ball for the good guys.  Gamble was instrumental this day in sneaking past penn state, a game that ended 13-7 in favor of the Buckeyes.  Notably, OSU's break-out RB, Maurice Clarett got knocked out of the game just six plays in and did not return. Gamble also made a critical first-half stop after a PSU defender recovered a fumble and raced 58 yards before being brought down - a TD saving effort. 

Coming off of a 7-5 season in '01, Gamble's play helped to lead the Buckeyes to an undefeated 2002 season, culminating in a win over Miami, and adding yet another national championship to our storied history.

PS - friendly banter is allowed, just don't start being all elitist and junk... ;)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments