Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Black stripe and redshirting for 2016.

0 HS
allinosu's picture
January 5, 2016 at 9:16am
47 Comments

It APPEARED to me and others by your comments last year that freshman were struggling more last year than previous years to get their black stripe removed. I figured that there was not a push because of the lack of available spaces. I wonder with the amount of starters and backups that need filled this coming year and gaining very talented recruits that will be joining the team, if we see a bigger push on players to lose those stripes earlier. I also wonder now that Urban is now in full swing with HIS recruits if we might see freshman who have nagging injuries early but get healthy mid season utilized instead of red shirting them or players like Bell that are talented enough to play, will see the field because we could only have them the few playable seasons. There were times in clean up at the end of games that freshman could gain valuable experience but as Fickell answered a couple of years back when ask about it (ozone reported), he said playing them in those situations would risk a red shirt situation. This is not a big deal and we are blessed to have such talented players like Lee and Marshall that can leave their sophomore season but it will be interesting to see if the mass exodus affects some things this coming season.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments