Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Pace of Offense

0 HS
elitesmithie's picture
January 4, 2016 at 4:41pm
15 Comments

After some time to reflect on the year; one thing that stuck with me from the bowl game(other than it being great to beat ND), is how often the announcers (mostly Chris) mentioned our pace of play and being so much more effective when we go faster. Looking back over the year, we appeared to slow down a lot more then last year and I was wondering if this was the main reason our offense was less effective. I have heard people say we were relaying plays between more coaches and therefore taking more time to get it to our QB's but I wondered if there was some other tangible reason we were much slower this year. I know we like to hammer on Tim Beck but I would imagine Urban would implement a different procedure if he intended to. Was our offense more complex this year that would require more pre snap reads? Anyways, it will be interesting to see how that looks next year. Hopefully our QB's stay healthy in the off season and have a full camp to practice but that doesn't excuse late in the year issues.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments