Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Did watching Bosa spoil us?

0 HS
steve-OH's picture
January 4, 2016 at 1:28pm
52 Comments

I say this to bring up a question about Hubbard (or anyone for that matter)... Watching Hubbard play DE, for as good of a playmaker as he is, it's not the same. Before everyone jumps on my case, I realize that he clearly isn't Joey Bosa when it comes to talent and ability, and I also get that Hubbard made a lot of big plays this year.

To me, I know the roster says they're roughly the same size, but Hubbard seems to play smaller. Not nearly the same explosion or penetration, he's not shoving linemen into the backfield when he plays and Bosa isn't in the game. Just seemed to me when Bosa wasn't on the field, we lacked the ability to get after the QB unless we brought Lee or another LB in the rush. There wasn't much chaos in there by Hubbard or Lewis. 

I'm definitely not knocking Hubbard and Lewis, more so asking if Joey Bosa casts that long of a shadow that these guys just don't look as good without him?

What do you guys think our DL looks like next year?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 52 Comments