Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Winter Conditioning

0 HS
BuckeyeCrusdader's picture
January 2, 2016 at 11:54am
31 Comments

Who are some guys who you think could really improve their games with solid work with coach Mick?

I'm really looking forward to seeing how much muscle and strength Sam Hubbard and Jalyn Holmes can add. Guys are both freak athletes with the long frames that really help at DE but they both need to add about 10-15 lbs of solid muscle to take their game to the next level and not only be speed rushers but complete DEs like Bosa.. probably never that good but very good nonetheless. A winter and summer with Mickey and a spring and camp with Larry could turn these guys into high impact star players in 2016. Tyquan Lewis could have another very good season if the guys around him step up. I'm also excited to see what guys like Dremont Jones, Jashon Cornell, Robert Landers, Darius Slade, Michael Hill, Tracy Spinkle, and Davon Hamilton can do.. these guys have to give it their all with Mickey and Larry this offseason because we need to develop that DL depth.

I am also looking to see Prince and Jones come in broad shouldered, big armed, and relatively lean.. they have the athletic talent for sure and if they put in the work they could be one of the OT duos weve seen at OSU in awhile.

I would also like to see Tyvis Powell add 5-10 lbs of lean weight and a couple ounces in his sack.. he has the frame to be Cam Chancellor but he seems to be afraid of bigger tougher back IMO.. He did terribly against David Cobb in 2014 and Barkley in 2015

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments