Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Conference Divisional Champs OVERATED!

0 HS
RickyJ's picture
January 2, 2016 at 10:29am
151 Comments

Committee needs to go pound sand with their unbelievable over emphasis on Conference Champs and/or Divisional Champs.  Sparty and Iowa lost their games by a combined score of 83-0.  That stat alone should speak volumes.  I don't count the 16 charity pts Stanford allowed Iowa.  Sparty never stood a snowball's chance in you know what, of competing with Bama with a totally one dimensional offense with a QB who cannot run at all.  Iowa played a horrifically weak schedule which included gift games from injury riddled Badgers and Nebraska.  They looked like a hapless Div II opponent vs Stanford.  They were fooling themselves.  Lets be frank about Sparty.  They never could stop the pass and would never have been in CFP had TTUN's punter not flubbed kick and a freak driving rainstorm that showed up at the shoe and struck fear in Buckeyes coaching and completely grounded our passing game.  Every element that could go wrong did, and this allowed our two divisional champs to get destroyed.  I have advocated for an 8 team playoff since system was first created.  I think Ohio State essentially, crushed an outstanding ND team.  We did the same thing to TTUN.  I fully realize that the Committee needs resume fodder with Conference Champs but I would bet my bottom dollar that many of them privately knew that Buckeyes should have at least had a shot especially after Buckeyes stomped TTUN into the ground.     

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 151 Comments