Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

How will our defense hold up in 2016?

0 HS
DonJuan's picture
December 28, 2015 at 5:40pm
50 Comments

I know this has been talked about before, but Its a slow week and I cant stand to read one more Notre Dame article. How do you guys feel that our defense will play next year with so many new faces? I was looking at our scholarship grid and couldn't help but think how many playmakers will be leaving after this year especially if Darron Lee, Vonn Bell, and Eli Apple jump. That would leave with holes in nearly every position.

Defensive line would take the worst hit with Bosa and Washington leaving. Hubbard and Lewis each had great years, but I believe they may find life without Bosa taking on all the attention isn't as easy. Our defensive tackle positions would be complete new faces with nobody that has proven themselves to be silver bullet material.

Linebacker's would still have their captain Mcmillan in the middle and I think Dante Booker filled in well this year, but other than that, It would be more of an unknown. Conner/Hilliard/Baker will fill the rest of the depth chart and hopefully live up to their potential.

The Defensive backfield would take a major step back having to replace a starting corner and two safeties. Erick Smith will finally get his chance to start and Cam Burrows might could fill the other spot. Gareon Conley should move over to #1 and hopefully Damon Webb can stay on the team to take the #2 spot.

I think with all these replacements and the addition of a new defensive coordinator, it would be a huge surprise if this defense is close to the level of what we have seen the last two years. Who do you think steps up to be the big time playmaker that we are used to?  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 50 Comments