Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

1969 OSU vs UM (4th Quarter) game film just discovered... by me.

0 HS
Il_Padrino's picture
December 19, 2015 at 5:20pm
24 Comments

As some of you know, I am always looking for unique Ohio State Football collectibles and own many 1 of 1 or exceedingly rare items and posted some of my items in another thread.  About 2 years ago I bought a film can that simply said "Ohio State University v.s. Michigan - Reel 4 of 4" on it and when it arrived I forgot about it... until tonight.  I was clearing out my desk and found the film roll so got curious about what year it was from (never looked before) and I unreeled about 10 feet of film and it is the entire 4th quarter of the 1969 OSU vs UM game commencing with the film stating "4th Quarter" and then pans to the scoreboard at UM stadium with the score 24 (bad guys) to 12 (good guys).

This is a huge find and feel that it may be the Ohio State University's film and not the one that was done by the news agency covering that day.  I intend to get it sent off for DVD conversion so stay tuned.  

History on the importance of this game:

The 1969 game between Michigan and Ohio State sparked a personal rivalry between Bo Schembechler and Woody Hayes.  This game is known for igniting "The Ten Year War," a nickname for the series between head coaches Bo Schembechler and Woody Hayes. If everything had gone according to plan, Hayes and the top-ranked Buckeyes would have been back-to-back national champions, winners of three straight games over the Wolverines and the top candidate to be named the team of the century.

Bleacher Report article on the importance of this game: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1638930-michigan-vs-ohio-state-1969-t...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments