Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Urban vs Harbaugh: Family Holiday Rage

0 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture
December 18, 2015 at 11:30am
80 Comments

I have mentioned before, my in-laws are Michigan fans. Over the holidays we will be trekking north. I am looking forward to it coming off of the big blowout and 4 straight wins versus our rival. Last night, my father-in-law told me Harbaugh is the better coach. In preparation I assembled the following information. Enjoy and feel free to add to my facts and rage.

Urban - .850 winning percentage; 3 National Titles; 9 seasons of 10 or more wins; 1 Undefeated season; 8-2 in bowl games; no losing seasons; 4-0 against MI.

Harbaugh - .613 winning percentage; 0 National Titles; 1 season of 10 or more wins; 0 undefeated seasons; 1-1 in bowl games; 2 losing seasons; 0-1 against OSU. To Jimmy's credit he had a good run in the pros including an NFC Championship game loss.

As a college coach Jimmy has been solid, not great. He is several years behind Urban and has time to improve. The problem is, Urban has time to further distance himself as well. FUN FACT - Jimmy's best season (12-1 w/ Orange Bowl win) would probably be Urban's 4th if not 5th or even 6th best season (BCS Champ, BCS Champ, National Champ, Undefeated season, 2 Sugar Bowl wins and Fiesta Bowl win).

Besides experience factor, any holes or perhaps additions for my argument? Looking forward to saying National Champions, 4-0 and Blowout at least 18 dozen times next week.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 80 Comments