Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

I don't want to do this but I have to: "Are we in the playoffs if we had Alabama's schedule"

0 HS
BrutusAndBeers's picture
December 8, 2015 at 10:39am
63 Comments

SIAP Yea yea yea. I know the board is still a little salty about where we're at and the last thing you want to hear is another hypothetical but I just have to. Forgive me...

But all we hear from the media is "schedule this, schedule that. If SEC teams had B1G schedules, they would dominate yada yada yada."

The benefit they actually have is they basically get a free pass (at least 1), even if they lose to a divisional opponent. I'm willing to bet my house that Bama would have been in the final 4 at 11-1 even if Ole Miss (yea the team that put up 40+ on them) did what they were supposed to do and made it to Atlanta to play the disgustingly terrible Florida Gators. BTW can we think about how that Florida team would probably have been the worst team that ever made a B1G championship game for a second? Thanks.

edit because I'm dumb: Bama has 1 win against the top 20 (Florida lol) and I bet most jamokes out there think that they played the toughest schedule in the country.

"They say, you must win your conf. You can't have more than one loss..."

B.S. In the past decade there has been an SEC team play for the title with two losses and an SEC team play for the title that didn't even win their division <--- Sorry sister, that's not happening anywhere else.

And that was when there was only 2 teams picked!!!!

It's very hard to go undefeated for any team and due to some outside misfortune (the fluke MSU/Michigan punt) we weren't able to even sniff the playoff. Ohio State is a top 4 team imo but will need some serious luck if they ever blow a divisional conf. game and still make it to the show.

Man I sure could use some of that #SECPRIVILEGE right about now.

/endrant. Please downvote

P.S. I know it's kind of annoying that MSU is our new achilles heel but think about this... Ole Miss has beaten Bama the last two years. The difference between us and Bama is when we lose, the team we lose to makes us pay and wins the conference championship while shutting us out. The team they lose to gets exposed as a fraud....

Mod Edit: Closed thread with the hopes that this is the last time we rehash the "what ifs" with new threads.  There are enough existing threads to mourn in.  The rest of us are moving on.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 63 Comments