Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Why is Alabama taboo for sports writers/analysts?

0 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture
December 4, 2015 at 4:01pm
82 Comments

I know many see this as beating a dead horse, but I feel until there's a fan revolt, it will never change.

I'm REALLY disappointed with former Buckeye announcers and analysts that sit back and allow the Buckeyes get raked over the coals over their schedule and perceived underperformance while they make not a peep about Alabama.

First, they were third in scoring margin with 21 points to Alabama's 7th at 17.5 points per game  

But what really chaps my ass more than anything is this:

*When the college football playoff committee released their first standings, Bama was 4th despite 1 loss and having accomplished the following in the prior three weeks: struggling with an Arkansas team that lost at home to Toledo, an unimpressive win against Texas A&M (we now know a terrible team), and barely beating a 3-loss Tennessee.

**So Alabama "deserved" the number 4 ranking ahead of SEVEN undefeated teams and one-loss ND (loss to #1team at end of game), Stanford, and Utah.

In summary, they already had one loss and CLEARLY weren't "playing their best football" at the time.  In addition they stayed there after beating what we now know are terrible LSU, powerhouse FCS Georgia Southern, and terrible Auburn.  All of their other wins are against terrible teams, too. 

So I ask you: Seem lke bias to you????  What has Bama done other than back into a conference championship game because of an Ole Miss loss?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 82 Comments