College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Jeff Long v Rece Davis-- Specific Question/Answer 12/1 CFB Special*** Edited to include info from R&K

0 HS
elitesmithie's picture
December 1, 2015 at 10:58pm
75 Comments

I apologize if this should be in the general thread but I felt it was meaty enough to be its own topic due to the importance with respect to OSU as well as future implications in other years. Long story short, Rece tries to bait Jeff Long in to answering if a 2 loss championship team would jump a 1 loss non champion(Stanford vs us). Jeff's response was essentially, "Conference Championships, head to head, strength of schedule only come into play if we are in a deadlock". Before this comment I think most of us assumed those, specifically conference titles, were factored in first over the "eye test". Is it just me or did he basically say we judge teams based on what we look at first and if we are deadlocked then we go to conference titles etc.

On a side note, he basically said North Carolinas OOC schedule was an issue as was their loss.

Any thoughts on this or have I always assumed wrong that titles played into it first vs last?

Mod Edit: Moved to college sports forum, as it's not specifically about Ohio State football. 

Edited to Say Russilo and Kannell also essentially asked Jeff Long Stanford vs OSU and Jeff Long said there is nothing prohibiting non champions from being in the top 4. Anyone else catch anything?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 75 Comments