Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Who's coming back, who should stay, 2016 Buckeyes

0 HS
Abuckeye15's picture
November 29, 2015 at 9:11pm
73 Comments

I know 2015 is not in the books yet, and I have a feeling a lot of people are in for some surprises this coming weekend, but can't help but thinking ahead to next season with so many players leaving OSU and thinking about what the team will look like next season with players returning from injury, who decides to stay, etc.  Who do you see coming back?  Any players that are transfer candidates?  Any recruits that you are excited to see coming in early?  

Darron Lee and Eli should come back, IMO on the defensive side of the ball.  One more season and they could solidify a first round grade.  Tyvis same deal, he should return and get some more experience.  Looking at what could be coming back on D and what definitely is coming back along with the younger guys, this unit should be very solid, but will miss its superstars and veterans (Joey, Vonn, Adolphus, Perry).  Lewis, Holmes, Munger, Hill, Slade, and Hubbard should be good to go, and with Bosa pt2 and the new players coming in, it looks promising.  Having Raekwon pair with Booker will be sick next season, if Lee comes back and young guys continue to improve (Hilliard, Worley, Conner, etc), this will be another elite unit, possibly best in nation.  If Apple comes back and pairs with Conley, that's yet another outstanding tandem, with Webb, Lattimore, EGW, Arnette having another offseason in Ash's system (not counting recruits coming in).  Safety is where I think things get really interesting.  If Tyvis comes back, this will be much less of a concern.  If not, this could be a growing pains unit.  Erick Smith and Hooker will be young and talented, outside of that, a lot of youth and possible dependency on incoming recruits.  Overall, I think the D will be near high end in conference, but a lot will depend on departure decisions.  

On offense, the outlook isn't as rosy.  Losing Zeke, 3 or 4 O-linemen, Thomas, Vannett, Braxton, and Cardale.  JT coming back is major, hopefully under tutelage of a new QB coach.  Does Weber take over, or are Dunn & Ball going to help form a committee?   Price and Elfein should return together, I don't think Pat makes the jump.  Time for Knox and Happy Jamarco, Lisle, Taylor, and Warriner's Giants to grow up in a hurry.  Baugh needs to mature, hopefully steps up in offseason, new recruits coming in need to be ready. TE looks rough for next season.  I am actually looking forward to the WR position next year.  Noah Brown, Corey Smith (hopefully), Campbell, Wilson, Dixon, Hill, Stump, and all the new recruits coming in have a lot of potential (Mack).  Overall, this unit could be explosive, but expect a lot of mistakes and some hills and valleys (especially if changes aren't made to coaching staff in offseason, but I'm sure Urban who already did the first piece on Saturday, will continue to do so). 

Should be a lot of fun, but with a tough schedule, not sure they can get in top 4 next season.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 73 Comments