Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Could UNC Jump the Buckeyes

0 HS
Thebuckeyefan30's picture
November 29, 2015 at 3:28pm
46 Comments

After reading up on other's opinions on twitter and other sites it seems to be a clear consensus that if UNC were to beat Clemson than UNC would jump tOSU and steal away a spot in the college football playoff from them. This would be a cruel fate but would it actually happen?

I for one am the most forgiving when it comes to early season losses but even if UNC beats Clemson does that really show that they are a dominate team worthy of being in the top 4? Have they really shown that they are that type of team? Disclaimer I am actually asking for answers to these questions. Is UNC in your opinion really deserving  of a top 4 slot (assuming they beat Clemson) and jump an Ohio State team that looked DOMINATE in their last game of the season. 

THE ANSWER IS NO

1. Clemson could be argued as somewhat of an overrated team 
  2. Ohio State looked amazing this week against TTUN and I could see the committee giving the eye test and simply believing that OSU is the better team.
  3. Believe in it or not the fact that Ohio State is the defending champs plays in the committees mind. (See las years Florida State team. No way should they have been in the playoff but they were the defending champs so they got in.)

THE ANSWER IS YES

1. UNC would have beaten the number 1 team in the nation. Beat the best. Get in. Simple as that.
  2. They are doing exactly what Ohio State did last year. Get hot at the end and be rewarded.
  3. Sadly because of one stupid loss and horrible divisions in the B1G Ohio State didn't even play in the conference title game and you can't put a conference champion behind a non-conference champ.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 46 Comments