Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Statistical evidence that Braxton needs more touches.

0 HS
arnie_palmy's picture
November 25, 2015 at 6:41am
27 Comments

I will start by saying that Braxton is hands down my favorite Buckeye of all time. In a lot of the games, I have been left wondering why he was not more involved in the offensive game plan. This was at its worst over the weekend at the MSU game, the only game I have been able to attend this season. The offense was pitiful, and a lot of people pointed at the lack of carries for Zeke, JT's inefficiency, etc. I was wondering why another Buckeye great hadn't gotten the ball. Braxton came away with only three touches. He may have only ran the ball twice for 9 yards, but this led to an average of 4.5 a carry - over 1.5 better than Zeke or JT that night.

I got to thinking at work today, and I started to crunch some numbers. The results were fairly staggering, even for myself. Here they are:

In games where Braxton had 6+ touches the team averaged: 458.3 yards per game, 38.3 points per game, and a margin of victory of 19.5 points. (VT, Hawaii, Western Mich., Maryland, PSU, Minn.)

In games where Braxton had 5 or less touches: 383.0 yards per game, 29.0 points per game, and a margin of victory of 15.6 points. (NIU, Indiana, Rutgers, Illinois, MSU)

As you may also notice, none of the games that Braxton got 6+ touches were close in scoring. In the five games where he got 5 or less there were two games won by a single touchdown, and a loss.

Here's to hoping Braxton sees the ball plenty this Saturday!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments