Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

48 Hours Later

0 HS
GregB's picture
November 23, 2015 at 5:02pm
21 Comments

Its been two days now.  Things are starting to clear up a little.  The haze of disbelief is starting to lift.  Many of my original questions are starting to be answered others are unanswerable. I struggled a little to sleep but not nearly like the Texas game '05.  

I couldn't believe what I saw.  It looked like I was witnessing doppleganger of Urban Meyer standing on the sidelines, but he appeared to have no swagger, no killer instinct. Who was this guy? Why was he coaching scared?

Kyles outstanding piece today was quite enlightening for me. What we saw was a confluence of many little things that added up to disaster.  First the weather.  Yes both teams played in it but the conditions favored the team that was ready to play in a phone booth.  MSU knew Cook was out so they had no illusions they could win with passing game as they had all year.  They just went to work for a week grinding in the trenches.  We don't really want to play that kind of game. Thats Tresselball, not Meyerball.

Next was JT.   He just had a bad night with his reads and seeing the field.  MSUs D Line played a role for sure but he was just rusty.  It was the first game in over 12 months that JT had played where the defense really knew what he want to do and schemed for it.  He didn't answer.  He will learn form this.   

Next was the O Line.  They got beat in just enough crucial spots to totally throw off our schedule.  They have been below  our expectations most of the year but they had made just enough plays for us to win

The D Line was next.  Played their hearts out and played more than well enough to win. All we needed was 20 points which means the D is doing its primary job but they had 4 killer off sides that just gave MSU the lifeline they needed.

As far as coaching goes Im going to call for patience.  There were a lot people who hated Tom Herman and he got roasted after our BTCG loss in 2013 and a couple other times too.  Its too soon to label any of these guys a bust I think.  Trust Meyer here, he has a pretty damn good track record of getting guys.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments