Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

I don't know what's wrong with me..

0 HS
DaiTheFlu's picture
November 22, 2015 at 8:05pm
52 Comments

Obviously there's been a lot of venting the last 24 hours, some of which I've participated in. This is the only place I typically visit directly after a loss, especially one of this magnitude, essentially costing us any shot at a Big Ten or national championship. I can only imagine the laughter and vitriol being directed our way after yesterday's sorry display, most all of it deserved. But I digress.

After the 2013 MSU loss and subsequent loss to Clemson, I was numb. I literally didn't come to 11W or read anything about college football until probably August of 2014. I'm not exaggerating; I didn't read or participate in a single Buckeye football discussion for 8 months. If you remember, we had won 24 straight, but this was still pre-2014 championship Ohio State, which means we were getting harassed incessantly about our conference, our schedule, falling 3 spots after winning by 28, all of that stuff we thought was over.

I'm not "numb" now. I've been on 11W all day trying to release the pain of yesterday, but I still feel sick about it. I slept about 3 hours last night, which might make sense if I had, you know, actually played in the game. We're all obviously very passionate about our Buckeyes, but I feel ridiculous. Why am I this miserable after the loss? Ive got a great job, good relationship and am pretty much happy in every respect, but nothing is helping right now. Is it better than being completely numb like I was in 2013? The worst part of it all is the fact that it's Hate Week and I....don't care. I'm sure I'll feel differently during the game and certainly if we win, but I seriously am not looking forward to the game at all right now. What's different? Is this just a symptom of the "New world order", I.e. The playoff? Where if you're not in the top 4, what you do and who you beat is irrelevant? I've never simultaneously cared so much about our team and felt so little emotion about The Game before and it's freaking me out.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 52 Comments