Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This will be my coping strategy for dealing with the loss yesterday.

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
November 22, 2015 at 2:40pm
30 Comments

Just a couple of things I am going to try this week in the lead up to the Game. After the loss last night, obviously the media narrative will be that we are "unravelling" or "Urban (Reuben) has lost control." They will be beating this drum all week while continuing to blow sunshine and rainbows up Harbaugh's rear end. 

I'm making the decision to not watch any sports shows except for the Cavs and the OSU men's basketball (though my expectations are tempered) and read about the OSU wrestling team as they work to bring home another national championship. This will keep me focused and optimistic for next Saturday.

I will also try not to read any obvious negative posts on eleven warriors that will be popping up like whack-a-moles all week.

I have not lost hope that we can still beat the demonic horde up north, and salvage a pretty awesome season. How we finish this season could set the tone for next season both in recruiting and momentum. I can still remember the Cooper years where we went to the Liberty Bowl and felt entitled and we got pasted. 

How we handle adversity will show what kind of team we really have. If we can bounce back and beat TTUN we can flip the narrative. TTUN will be favored and we have a chance to go in there and show great resiliency. We will be praised for how we were able to fight back and go into a tough environment and win.

We can give up on the playoffs most likely unless total Armageddon happens in the next we weeks like it did in 2007. Penn State could still beat Sparty (though I'm not confident in this), and we could then have another game against Iowa in the Big Ten championship.

At worst, we still have a chance to go to an excellent bowl and can have some really great practices leading up to the Bowl Game and possible win against a solid opponent. I am personally excited to see how we bounce back and play in the next few games though, and I'm not giving up faith.

What are your guys thoughts? Any personal advice for making it through this week?

Thanks for listening and go Bucks!

Edit: I will also be hunkering down and spending a lot of time in the premium lounge.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments