Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Offensive Coordinator Candidates

0 HS
Steve Earle Bruce Springsteen's picture
November 22, 2015 at 10:54am
189 Comments

I'll just come right out and say it: I have little faith in Tim Beck and Ed Warriner righting the ship over the last two games. The time to right the ship was three games ago, and it hasn't happened. I think what we will see after the season is Urban deciding to go in a different direction at QB Coach and offensive coordinator. The ideal scenario is that Warriner is demoted back to line coach so he can focus on coaching up the new slobs. Tim Beck is told to take a hike, as these results are not acceptable with the talent level on offense.

That all being said, who do you think the Buckeyes should look at if and when Urban decides to move in a different direction? My thinking is that, even though we know JT has it in him to be an elite-of-the-elite QB, we need a coach who can scrub away the bad tendencies he's developed under the "tutelage" of Tim Beck.

Some thoughts:

Bowling Green Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach Sean Lewis: BGSU runs a markedly different system than OSU. Their offense is more akin to Baylor's; indeed, they were 3rd in the nation in plays per game as of last night. In one year's time, however, he has transformed senior QB Matt Johnson from an afterthought into a guy who has thrown for 39 touchdowns (against just 6 INTs) and 4200 yards.

Notre Dame QB Coach Mike Sanford

Urban has shown consistently that, if he needs to, he can take whatever he wants from Brian Kelly's Notre Dame staff. Sanford is seen as another Herman-type QB maven, especially given what he has done with Deshone Kizer, a former Buckeye recruit who has thrown 18 touchdowns and ran for another 8 in his redshirt freshman season. Kizer has made big time throws against Virginia and Temple, the latter of which has boasted a pretty solid defense throughout the season (and embarrassed supposed future first-day pick Christian Hackenberg to start the season). 

Houston Offensive Grad Assistant Kenny Guiton

I'm only joking. Sort of.

I don't have the time to do a bit more research, but those of you who smelled the stank on Tim Beck from the start (unlike myself) might have put a bit more time into this over the course of the season. What are your thoughts? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 189 Comments