Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Life in a High Stakes World

0 HS
Urbanbuck's picture
November 22, 2015 at 5:45am
4 Comments

Watching the post-game presser, I couldn't help but thinking how fortunate we are to have Urban Meyer as our head coach.

I have been in some difficult situations myself, but I can't think of many in the sports world more fraught than what Meyer faces moving forward. His honesty and even keel are admirable.

Imagine how you'd prioritize what to do: 

• Figure out what happened with the offense playcalling
  • Figure out what happened with the offensive execution
  • Figure out how much you yourself are to blame as head coach
  • Not beat yourself up too much in light of your history
  • Not be too easy on yourself in light of your personality
  • Deal with the recruiting fall out
  • Deal with the player morale
  • Deal with player and coach frustration
  • Deal with the critics from media to professional
  • Prepare and focus on our game with TTUN
  • Help the players move forward given what happened
  • Help the coaches adjust and focus for the rest of the season
  • Consider the impact on recruiting
  • Consider the impact on staff changes

That is a heck of a long list, and I am sure I am missing things. And keep in mind that isn't prioritized in anyway just off the top of my head - now imagine trying to put that in order knowing that no matter what some people will resent being further down the list.

I feel confident that Meyer can manage this - that he can lead us through the travails of our inevitable loss. 

Yeah, inevitable. No one wins every freaking game - this is his fourth loss since coming here. 

I am really not a homer, I see the same problems most other fans expressed on our boards, just thankful that we have a smart and competent leader in charge of the program.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 4 Comments