Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

I posted a thread that we were too QB run dependent and got lambasted

0 HS
loverbuck's picture
November 21, 2015 at 9:04pm
45 Comments

I stated that we would have a problem if we couldn't learn to run the ball without running the QB, I got down voted to hell.

Today JT had 15 QB runs and arguablye the best RB in college football had 12.  Why did the QB have more rushes than the best RB in college football, because that's what they ran all year, it was the comfort zone for the staff.

If the opponent knows your going to run the QB, especially when your uncomfortable, then a good opponent is going to take it away from you.

instead of perfecting the RB run game and the vertical passing game, this staff called the lazy scheme (QB run) against all the weak opponents and when they needed to rely on more diversity from the offense, it wasn't there because they didnt work on it all year.

and before anyone says look at Zeke's rushing yards, he had 180 yards against Illinois.   Yes he did, after the first half and after they had the lead.  JT out rushed Zeke in the first half of almost all the games he played because that's the comfort zone of the staff.  

This staff better learn how to run a RB when it's needed, oR how to pass vertically when it's needed because if you think were going to beat elite teams w/Qb run, we're not, the books out on how to beat us.

Downvotes coming to anyone who brings up last years run against Wisconsin, Bama or Oregon because that scheme was modified pro style vertical passing with power running behind it.  If we had run the same scheme today as in the playoffs, we would have won by three touchdowns.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 45 Comments