Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Guess We Weren't "Saving the good plays" for MSU..

0 HS
DaiTheFlu's picture
November 21, 2015 at 7:08pm
35 Comments

I'm not one to pile on, but I'm literally dumbfounded as to what just happened. We knew this would be a battle, but this team showed no heart today. Even with the most abominable play calling I've probably seen in my life, we played right into MSU's hands the entire game and made them look like the 1985 Bears. Here's the kicker: they're actually one of the more mediocre defenses in the conference, possibly the worst Dantonio has had. And we gave them the game, led by an unknown second stringer.

We all thought that the poor performances against Hawaii and NIU were just a team looking to find its groove under a new OC, or even a team that was bored with the poor competition. Well, now we know that THIS is the 2015 Ohio State Buckeyes Football team. A team with an absurd amount of talent that NO ONE, not even our genius 3-time NC winning head coach, knows how to use. 10 wins against some of the worst teams a Buckeye team has ever played and an embarrassing loss to a good, not great, MSU team led by a backup QB.

I don't know what the worst part is; the play calling and gameplan, the offensive line who apparently forgot how to play basic football, the crowd that just gave up (not that I blame them) on their team. Maybe the worst part of it is that this was SENIOR DAY; the last time we'll ever see Braxton Miller in the Shoe, Taylor Decker, Joshua Perry, etc. And they just let that team come in and do whatever they fucking wanted.

In sorry, but that looked like a team that gave up to me. Maybe they sensed the fact that MSU was having their way due to poor game planning, but there was no fight from that team - offense or defense - all game long. We're no doubt a spoiled fanbase, but is it wrong to expect your team to fucking FIGHT and not let a team come into your house and embarrass you on Senior Day? At least we had excuses for the VT loss, but this game is worse. The coaching staff played scared and the team gave up and it was obvious to everyone watching this game today. I'll always live the Scarlet and Gray, but I'm pretty damn embarrassed of that performance today.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments