Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

A very Buckeye SportsCenter

0 HS
Brutus's picture
November 13, 2015 at 1:15am
61 Comments

Was just watching the SVP SportsCenter and was quite pleased with all the Buckeye love (and nary a mention of the TMZ video). First, we had Phife. Who the hell is Phife you ask?  Allow me to refresh your memory:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6TLWqn82J4

Anyway, apparently Phife is a big sports fan so Scott Van Pelt was asking him about his fan loyalties. Being from Queens, he supports all the logical New York teams. But he's also a big North Carolina basketball fan and a Buckeye football fan. Van Pelt says it sounds like he just likes to root for a winner so Phife explains how he became loyal to these teams. He said that growing up he was a huge fan of Byars and Carter and then was completely sold on Ohio State once Eddie George hit the scene. Those are three of my five all time favorites so apart from making great hip hop in the 90s, Phife has excellent taste in college football too.

Then about ten minutes later, SVP has Titus on to talk about college basketball. This is the first time I've seen Titus on an actual broadcast so I don't know if this is new for him or not. Nevertheless, he was funny and had great rapport with SVP. It's good to see that there is life after Grantland for Titus. And he also gave some love to the B1G, noting that a B1G team has made it (and lost) in the final of the last several championship games.  He says Maryland might be the next B1G team to lose the championship. A backhanded compliment, yes, but it still speaks of the strength of the conference.  

MOD EDIT - Moved to Other Sports forum.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 61 Comments