Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Ohio State at Illinois - Places to eat/ drink

0 HS
Dr. IlliBuckeye's picture
November 8, 2015 at 3:03pm
10 Comments

This Saturday Ohio State travels to my current town of Champaign, IL. I'll be at the game with a few close friends and several thousand good friends as the Buckeye faithful will color Memorial Stadium scarlet. I'll give those of you heading to Central Illinois some tips about places to eat and drink. 

Urbana: Crane Alley - solid upscale bar food and great tap/ bottled beer list of at least 10 rotating taps, (including $2 PBR - the only American light lager on tap - description on the menu: "It's Pabst. It's two bucks."), also has 3 pool tables. Black Dog BBQ - good bbq. often packed. 6 rotating taps. Huaraches Moroleon - great Mexican food, in particular their breakfast menu.

Campustown: Firehaus, Murphy's, Joe's, White Horse Inn, and Legends (in that order) are probably the only bars on campus worthwhile going to. Decent burgers and solid beer selections at all of them. 

Champaign: Bars - the best bars to go to are Quality, Blind Pig bar, Blind Pig Brewery, Esquire, and Jupiter's. All have great beer lists. Darts at Quality and Blind Pig. Pool at Esquire and Jupiter's. For those looking for cheap beer, can't beat $1.50 ($1 on Sundays) pints of PBR at Esquire.

Food - Seven Saints (sliders), Dublin O'Neil's (Irish), Destihl (American), Farren's (burgers), Jupiter's (pizza), Wedge (Mexican/ Tequila bar), and Big Grove Tavern (American). All are very good. $10-$20 per person. 

I'm a beer guy, so my list above tends to favor beer bars. There are a couple cocktail/ wine bars in town as well. 

Questions? I'm sure I'll check into this later this week.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments