Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2011 Throwback Mini Helmet?

+2 HS
RileyBuckeye's picture
November 1, 2015 at 8:54pm
138 Comments

I'm hoping I can harness the collective power of 11w...

I am trying to put together a display of every helmet the Buckeyes have worn over the years. (Anyone who has been to the Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill, picture the setup they have down the middle of the restaurant.)  Due to space restrictions, and the sheer $$ factor, I'm going to be doing this in minis. So far, I've gathered:

• old Riddell (2003ish)
  • 1968 style
  • new Speed Riddell (2011ish)
  • 2009 throwback to '54
  • 2010 throwback to '42
  • 2012 chrome alternate

It doesn't appear Riddell has released the black alternates from this year yet. 

Here's where I'm hoping you guys might be able to help: I am searching for the 2010 spring game camo helmet, and the 2011 throwback to '61.

It doesn't appear that Riddell ever made the camo helmet, so everything I've seen online must be custom. Riddell made a limited quantity of the 2011 throwbacks, and everyone online is sold out. Amazon lists it, but the reviews say it's bogus. eBay has painted ones, but they're not the real deal. 

Does anyone out there have either of these, or know somebody that does, and willing to part with them? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 138 Comments