Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

B1G TD Leaders & Awards

0 HS
RunningFree's picture
October 26, 2015 at 12:59pm
12 Comments

I like stats.  Stats are fun.  I was looking through the rest of the B1G just to see who's making a name for themselves this year, and I came to a few surprising facts and conclusions:

1.) J.T. Barrett is your B1G play touchdowns leader with 12.  And that's only playing 3 games.  2nd place is then a tie at 8 with Zeke, Cook, Hackenburg, and Nate Sudfeld.

2.) Wow... QB play during B1G play is just bad this year.  Outside of Cook, no one has been anywhere near impressive.  Sudfeld's stats aren't bad, but IU's conference record speaks for itself.  Because of this...

3.) Despite only just starting halfway through the B1G season, J.T. will send up 2nd team All B1G.  Unless Cook has some major meltdown and J.T. goes insane over the next 4 games.  This makes sense until...

4.) (Voting gets weird) Zeke wins the Silver Football BUT J.T. wins the Offensive Player of the Year (all those TDs help).  He makes a late surge to pass Cook in that area. Of course it's because of limited playing time, but his completion % is 83%, no INTs, and he's leading the B1G in yards per carry.

Maybe I'm still on a high after our blowout win, but as great as J.T. was last weekend I think the best is yet to come.  Our offense is really gearing up to take home all sorts of hardware at the end of this season. (And I loved seeing Cardale be so involved with everyone... despite the early struggles, he makes this team better).

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments