Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The state of Ohio State Football at the Halfway Point and How the MLB is Showing that The Apocalypse may not happen

0 HS
CGroverL's picture
October 21, 2015 at 9:53pm
8 Comments

Well, week 7 is over for the Buckeyes and still the Buckeyes are #1 in the polls simply on how strong they CAN be. Let's be honest, the Buckeyes are unbeaten at 7-0 and still have not played a dominating game. Sure, they have shown signs of returning to how strong they were last season, but let's be VERY honest... Cardale Jones is keeping at least 21 points off of the board each week. I don't want to keep on this same subject, but it is obvious that the offense is much better when #16 enters the game.

Next, Zeke is a stud, right? Even when the OL has had troubles, Zeke keeps pounding away and getting his 100 yards each game. On top of that he is doing what we noticed last year. Zeke wears down opposing defenses. I always thought that Zeke wasn't quite fast or powerful enough, but he has a great combination of speed and power and is not getting enough credit when it comes to Heisman voting.

Further on the offense's "partial woes", the team is doing one thing perfectly. They are spreading the ball to their vast amount of weapons well. Each one of the superior talents is getting enough touches to make the offense go, even though no one is having that huge game that makes Heisman voters open their eyes. Oh well... no Heisman winner. I really believe this team is getting better each weak (even with the injuries) and Sparty and TTUN will have their hands full when the end of the regular season comes. Playing at the top of your game at the end of the season is what it takes to make a playoff run. The Buckeyes should be clicking on 12 cylinders when the other teams bring their 8 cylinder squads. Injuries are hurting the Bucks now and that could be a blessing. Never have I seen such a team that is so full of the "team first" attitude. Sure, players from other teams talk "team first", but our beloved squad really lives through the games that way. These injuries are pulling the team even closer and we are seeing back-ups play well, even if the defensive numbers don't show it. This team was banged up as hell last week, gave up almost 200 yards on the ground to a freshman, and yet surrendered 10 points. The Buckeyes' team yardage totals don't show it, but just the threat of our Buckeyes have put even a bigger target on their backs, and the ever so great SEC teams are not who teams fear. The nation fears our Buckeyes and these Buckeyes are not even playing that well. It shows in the rankings as the Buckeyes are still #1 despite not blowing teams out each week.

Now to religion (not really) as the combination of the fumbled punt in the Sparty/TTUN game, crazy plays galore, and even a few long standing records that dropped scared me (a Christian) into thinking that the Apocalypse was among us. Meyer scored his 4th 20-game winning streak. Furthermore... WE HAD A BLACK-OUT in the 'Shoe while our beloved Buckeyes were wearing almost all black. These things all led me to believe the world was going to end soon. Alas though...we are saved as right now it looks as if the Chicago Cubs are going to go down 3-0 to the Mets. If the Cubs win the World Series though... LOOK OUT and get ready for a blood red moon, famine on a biblical scale, along with death and war across the world. Of course, I am just kidding because the Cubs will never win the World Series. Take it from me who has always hated the Cubs. Their fans though... It never ceases to amaze me how those Cub fans come back year after year to support their perennial loser. They are like Buckeye Nation...except for their curse that will never be broken. Our Buckeyes will win at least 5 more titles before the Cubs win a World Series. In Urban we trust!

Thanks to all that have been reading my garbage forum posts. This one is different from most as I chose to talk more positive Buckeye issues instead of speaking of their faults in their lackluster performances. Plus, strange things are afoot at the Circle K (a line from "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure"). Toledo, Memphis, Iowa, and even Temple are showing that they belong in the top-25 and can beat most teams out there. On top of that, Utah may be for real. There is an actual chance of seeing some "not so usual" suspects in the voting for playoff teams.. And about that Cubs/Apocalypse talk... Right now, the Mets are up 6-0, but the Cubs have the bases juiced with no outs.

Rutgers is next... Scarlet against Scarlet. As there were bloodied beaks all over the field in last year's title game against Oregon, I fully expect the Scarlet and Gray to dismantle the Scarlet Knights by 40+. Talk to you next week, Buckeye Nation.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments