Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Mid-season CFP predictions

0 HS
MW2014's picture
October 13, 2015 at 6:10pm
43 Comments

I know there's been many of these over the months/weeks, but we're halfway through the season and I think it's always a good time to reassess. 

I am basing my picks on what I've seen thus far plus remaining schedule and known issues/injuries. For example, two days ago I might have had Florida up there. Not anymore.

1. Ohio State (13-0). Need I say more? I put them at 1 and not 2 because I think quality wins over ranked Michigan and Michigan State, along with possibly an undefeated or one loss and highly ranked Iowa team in the B1G championship game (look at Iowa's schedule - they should beat Northwestern this weekend, and if they are for real, the rest won't be much of a challenge).

2. Clemson (13-0). Clemson finally beats FSU in a big game and goes on to cakewalk through the ACC. Alternatively, FSU would be in the slot if they do win.

3. Utah (12-1). Utah loses once, I think possibly to an inspired USC team. Then they beat Stanford in the Pac-12 championship game.

4. LSU (12-1). LSU loses to Bama, but Bama gets a loss this weekend at A&M knocking them out. LSU then beats Georgia in the SEC championship game.

I have the Big 12 getting left out again. Baylor beats TCU, Baylor loses to Oklahoma State, Oklahoma State loses to Oklahoma, Baylor beats Oklahoma, TCU loses to Oklahoma, Oklahoma State loses to TCU. Everyone has two losses. 

So Ohio State gets possibly a revenge game against LSU in the Orange Bowl, followed by a revenge game against Clemson in the national championship (or Meyer gets to beat his old team, Utah).

What do you have?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 43 Comments