Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Will MSU restore balance to the force?

0 HS
Buckeyejohn's picture
October 13, 2015 at 12:02pm
112 Comments

I understand why a lot of Ohio State fans spent this off season cautiously hoping that Michigan would be good again. They have been a dumpster fire for years and The Game was doing nothing to boost our schedule. If we ever lose a regular season big ten game again we need as much credit for beating UM as we can get. I understand the logic there (although I don't understand wanting to give up the schadenfreude). Well, Michigan has earned back national respect so these fans got their wish.

However, we are now at a critical juncture. The Harbaugh train has some serious steam and the media is waiting to see what happens this weekend before deciding what to do next. If Harbaugh wins he will be tabbed Knute Rockne reborn and the Michigan-ESPN orgy will begin. Sports Illustrated will do a story claiming that Peppers has re-defined the defensive back position. Michigan fans will become historically obnoxious as even more of them come out of the woodwork.  If MSU wins in Ann Arbor the Harbaugh train will come to a stop and MSU can go back to quietly being the under the radar team that everyone respects the hell out of. Most importantly, our #1 enemy will be silenced but still respected enough to give us a quality win. So here is to hoping that Dino can beat the hell out of Michigan and bring balance to the Big Ten football force. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 112 Comments