Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Hopefully the two QB system stays

0 HS
PoopOnMichigan13's picture
October 10, 2015 at 7:37pm
23 Comments

I'm sure most will agree that as far as execution our offense was better than it has been all year today against  Maryland. On the downside, this was probably the most nerve wracking game we've seen defensively. Im not worried about the D because I sure we will figure it out in practice, we need to be better against the run.

As far as QB play I was impressed. Although JT and Cardale said they would dislike a 2 QB system it seemed to work wonders for our offense. It makes sense to take advantage of JT's strength at red zone scoring(his dual threat running, ability to read the D before the snap, and touch pass ability all stick out) and to take advantage of Cardale's arm strength by having him in for long yardage situations.

I felt that the coaches found a good rhythm between the two and picked great times to use JT. After this success I'm hoping we see some of this every game and expect to see JT in a lot of red zone plays from here on out. All I can say is that I'm fully satisfied with the way our offense looked today and I felt like the coaches found a rhythm calling plays that looked more like last years team. Also it was so good to see Braxton have a solid game and catch some more passes. We got the ball to the guys that needed to see it more like Braxton and Thomas, I think this offense found its stride!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments