Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Remember Fred Pagac?

0 HS
Brutus_Bully's picture
October 7, 2015 at 6:26am
22 Comments

I don't know what made me think of him,he was a great hire by Cooper who finally realized after 7 years that Bill Young was terrible (Bill Young still is a DC at Oklahoma State, right where he belongs in the Big 12) anyways, I remember Pagac's first year, it was when Katzenmoyer was a freshman and we were at Notre Dame. OSU had trounced Rice and mark may 142-7 playing vanilla defense. At Notre Dame we blitzed Katzenmoyer relentlessly, sent corner blitzes and dropped lineman into coverage (Zone Blitz). Fickell sacked Ron Pawlus and taunted him, Pawlus put a cheap shot on Rob Kelly after Kelly picked off his last pass and Cooper ran out and got in Pawlus' face, it was pretty funny. Fickell had an interception too, the defense had Notre Dame pretty confused. Pagac was a great D Coordinator, he brought the Silver Bullets back to Ohio State.We have not looked back since other than Fickell/Withers. I still remember being pissed when Tressel did not retain him and hired this bum named Dantonio. We all know that worked out just fine. I was surprised to see that Pagac has been coaching linebackers in the NFL ever since, he was a great D Coordinator for us.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments