Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Would Quick passes make our offense more efficient

0 HS
DonJuan's picture
October 6, 2015 at 8:47am
23 Comments

Just wondering if everyone else notices the lack of quick passes this year, or am I just crazy? Urban said he went with Jones due to him being so tall and he is able to throw the ball over the d-line's heads, but that is easy when he is always throwing bombs. I haven't seen many slants, bubble screens, or quick TE dumps that get the qb in his groove which we saw with JT last year. He got his nickname "The Distributer" from dumping the ball all around the field for 6 yards here and 12 yards there.

I'm not someone who is panicking about the offense, I just enjoy watching good football and I enjoy seeing our offense on the field for more than what they have been. I want to see what players can do with the ball in their hands and that just isn't happening yet. I believe that it's just going to take a few more games for all the new parts to gel, but it should be hella fun with that happens.

I'm a browns fan so naturally, I turn to others teams to watch good QB play and I love watching Aaron Rodgers. When he sees the cb's relaxing, he will hit his receiver on the run before he even takes a step drop in the pocket. It doesn't go for a TD but it gets 7 quick and easy yards. To me, that is what this offense is missing so far is good plays on first down. We have seem far too many 3rd and longs and even the best offenses can't keep drives alive like that.

Just the opinion from another couch coach though!

(Mod Edit) - Don J. I changed the title to be less vague 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments