Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

No More Excuses

0 HS
Jcam3588's picture
October 4, 2015 at 2:07am
112 Comments

At what point in time can Buckeye Nation stop making excuses & admit that the experiment has failed? No more talk of the offense being "under construction", no more talk of the offense "getting better". We have seen this process before of an offense finding its legs under Urban Meyer, twice before with two different quarterbacks & this is not improvement. Like always in football, when discussing issues with offensive production we must start at QB & lets face it; Cardale is not performing. Buckeye Nation will always appreciate him stepping up during a memorable post-season run. However, even during that run we saw issues with Cardale's game & in a new year without the senior leadership of players like Evan Spencer who also doubled as a great perimeter blocker & the consistent deep threat of Devin Smith these issues are now far more prevalent. Cardale is struggling at nearly every facet of the position so far. He is indecisive, inconsistently accurate, struggling to read defenses, lacking awareness, suffering from poor judgement/ball security, & more importantly he is not taking command of the offense. When a notoriously aggressive coach, would rather run the ball into a stacked box than throw it on 3rd & 10 against a bad defense, there is a problem. Especially when this same coach in a very similar situation the year before in the Sugar Bowl, against an Alabama team whose backups would start in Bloomington; lined up & proceeded to throw it deep hoping to seal the game. Not all the offensive struggles are on Cardale, Tom Herman is missed & the decision to promote Warinner seems to have only hurt the line. The WRs have been inconsistent & seriously hampered by injuries which seemed to only get worse today. Yet it still comes down to the QB, Urban insists this was a competition (I have come to doubt that), he insists JT simply has not beat out Cardale (I have come to doubt that as well), maybe that is true. I honestly believe Urban acted on his gut over anything he saw on the field, regardless he made his decision & reworked the entire offense to fit Cardale's strengths. Make no mistake Urban Meyer is a once in a generation coaching mind, at no point am I delusional enough to think I know more than him or so spoiled to ever be ungrateful for having him as our coach. However, no man is above being wrong, Urban has been wrong before (Lee), at one point do we stop making excuses & just admit that he may have gotten this wrong as well?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 112 Comments